Hours: 8 Hours
Total: 8 Hours
In the beginning of class, there was a lecture of what massage is and I took very good notes about the different types of massages, it's functions, when to use them, and when not to use them on clients. I also learned about different strokes, such as the Effleurage and Petrissage and the benefits of actually getting a massage.
I really liked the lecture and the class, because the class size was small and that half the day was a lecture and the other half was practicing massages. I was able to learn how to massage different areas of the upper body, such as the face, head, neck, shoulders, and upper chest. I feel very accomplished by how much I have learned within one day. I also really liked how the learning process was a hands on learning experience and how other students were giving feedback on the massage being performed on them, which helps me learn what I'm doing right or wrong.
During the time that I was giving someone a massage I felt very concentrated on what my hands were doing and what they were supposed to be doing. While I was receiving massages I felt very relaxed and sleepy. By the end of the day I was very happy and I can't wait for next week's class.
No comments:
Post a Comment