An author is someone who tells their story, in which they wrote about. A narrator is the person who tells the story, but the story isn't necessarily his/hers. The narrator's job is to create the tones that the author is trying to describe in his/her writing. Being an author means to create your own original story, which takes a lot of work and patience. The narrator needs to understand the story and be able to explain the story with the appropiate tone to create the mood at specific times just like in the movie "Stranger than Fiction". The author knew what was going to happen inthe story, but the narrator was the one that kept the story going along and uses different times for different events in the story.
For my essay I was able to use the perspectives of other researchers and scientists and what they thought about in trying to cure HIV. Therefore, I was the narrator. I provided information towards people who would want to learn about HIV or for those who are infected. I think my paper will have an impact on those who read by educating them about the disease and informing them about new researches and discoveries made.
I agree- the narrator's tone definitely can have a big impact on how the reader understands a story.
ReplyDelete