Saturday, February 16, 2013

Mentor Log 2

Hours: 2 Hours
Total: 10 Hours

I discussed about the goals of my project with my mentor and any other significant information about the Capstone Project and what I wanted to learn about relating to massage. I was then reading a couple of pages about an introduction to massage. Some of the material that I read from the first book was very similar to the notes that I took in class on sunday. The other couple of pages I read in the second book was about how massage can be very helpful to the body's systems. Massaging can affect the blood circulation and increase blood flow. In the muscualr system, it can relax the muscles and tendons. In the connective tissue, it can actually use scar tissue and help heal the tendons, as well as prevent tendonitis. In the nervous system, it can decrease stress and increase hormone production. What really interested me was the effect on the skin, in which it can help heal eczema, because massaging influences the production of white blood cells in the body. I learned a lot from the second book expecially about the impact of a massage on one person. I didn't realize how much a massage can affect someone besides just relaxation. It's very interesting to learn about and maybe I can use this knowledge in the future as well.

1 comment:

  1. How fascinating! Make sure to include a specific action plan in each mentor log, and keep track of the total time and the individual time spent.

    ReplyDelete