Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Mentor Log 8

Hours: 2 Hours
Total: 22 Hours

I talked with mentor about my project and what I can talk about in my presentation. We assessed each bullet on what the presentation requires. We also went over what kind of connections I can make between massage and AIDS by doing some research and printing out the information. I felt like I was limited of what I was going to talk about between the connections, but my mentor made me realize that there are also a few other things I can include in my presentation to expand it within the 7-10 minute time limit. A live performance of massage would take up a lot of time in my presentation, so I was thinking of just inserting pictures of me working on my project in the power point. I knew how I was going to organize myself for the presentation and my mentor explained to me how index cards were used to organize your essay and where to put the information. I needed help in forming my abstract, because my essay had a lot of information that I didn't know how to summarize and I never made an abstract before. My mentor looked up examples of abstracts and explained to me what each section is composed up that forms that whole paragraph. My own essay was then compared on how to use each paragraph and make an abstract of it by making it concise and making connections. I now understood how to break down my essay. I was given some time to start my draft on creating my abstract.

No comments:

Post a Comment