Monday, May 6, 2013

Senior Project Log 9

Hours: 1 Hour
Total: 23 Hours

For the next two week I plan to review over what I have learned in massage class back in February by practicing massages on people. I still have the notes that I took during the lecture and the paper about the different strokes to help refresh my memory. I made a post on Facebook if people would like to volunteer for me to practice facial massages on them and I got a couple people to participate. I had my friend Samantha P. to volunteer. Since I didn't have a pillow or any flat place for her to lie down on, I just let her lie down on my lap. I massaged her face and neck for 15 minutes during lunch at school. I wasn't abe to take picturese while I worked on her face. The next day, I had another volunteer. I massaged Lisa's face for 25 minutes during lunch and the weather was perfect for relaxation in the shade. I also asked Gaby if she could take pictures of me massaging her face. Lisa said that it felt weird at first, but it felt nice after. I was already familiar with what I was supposed to do, such as movements and areas to work on on the face and neck. When 5th period came, my friend Amoresa volunteered for a facial. I massaged her face and scalp for 20 minutes. On all of my volunteers, I used the unscented lotion and oil from massage class. I'm starting to feel like I'm improving on the way I'm doing the massage on people, because they seem to like it a lot. I still feel like I'm forgetting a few things, so I'm just going to have to review and practice all the techniques and strokes that I learned in February as well as look over my notes.


No comments:

Post a Comment